For the upcoming academic year, Trinity College will be offering our link schools a package of bookable online outreach sessions designed for students and teachers that can be delivered remotely in a safe and flexible manner at no cost to the schools.
WHAT OUR TEACHERS SAY...
“I’d love to thank you and all of the people involved in allowing the Humanities seminars to still take place despite the current situation! Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I found them very useful.”
About the Sessions
What are they?
- Live virtual sessions delivered by the Trinity Outreach Team or the Admissions Director covering a range of topics linked to progression to university-level study and University of Cambridge admissions.
- Session content is focused on the needs of different year groups: aspiration-focused sessions for KS3 and KS4 students; KS5 sessions focused on attainment and Oxbridge application support.
- Teacher-focused sessions are also available, providing practical support and information so they can support students with Oxbridge applications and write effective student references. This can be for a single teacher or a larger group.
- All sessions will be delivered as Zoom Meetings (on our own account) and are designed to fill an up-to 60-minute slot, with the section delivered by us lasting c.40 minutes and the remainder of the slot being used for group work linked to the session content (also provided by us). Timings can be arranged and adapted to suit your school timetable and minimise disruption for your students.
- Schools will be able to book sessions and timeslots in advance, with Zoom links then being sent to the teacher running the session on site.
- Schools can book multiple sessions for the same group of students if they want to dovetail the linked sessions over the course of the year.
- All sessions are provided at no cost to the school as part of the outreach work done by Trinity College and the University of Cambridge
Each session will require from the school:
- A classroom with smartboard or projector/screen to project the live talk onto.
- A teacher to set up and start the live session, observe the class, relay the names and total number of attendees, relay questions via the chat function and run the follow-up exercise when the talk is finished.
- We are available to deliver these sessions Monday-Friday between 9:00-17:00 during term time.
- To book, email us at with the session you would like delivered and your preferred date/time and we will get back to you to confirm arrangements.
- Sessions will be coordinated solely by a teacher. Students will not be contacted at any point, will not be able to access the session from any device themselves and will be monitored by said teacher/member of staff at all points during the session.
- Our Outreach Team and Admissions Director are fully DBS-checked and have undergone safeguarding training.
Choice of Sessions
These sessions have been put together following consultations with teachers and we hope that they meet the needs of you and your students. If there are other topics that you would like covered, or if you have other suggestions on what more we could be doing please do contact us and let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Targeting University: Post-16 Options
Targeting University: Highly Selective Universities
Targeting University: Subject Choices
Study skills & Supercurricular Resources
Writing Effective Oxbridge Applications
Application Support & Student References
Join our mailing list
Join our mailing list to keep in touch with all things Trinity.
Our Teachers’ Newsletter keeps teachers and HE advisers up-to-date on programmes, events, the latest admissions news, and resources for students and teachers.
Our Parents and Students newsletter is packed full of useful advice on applying to university, plus details of upcoming events and other handy resources from Trinity and the wider University.