Trintiy College has its own IT network which you can use while you are a member of College. This system interconnects with the University of Cambridge’s network and so policies from both networks will apply to you while you are using it. Both Trinity and The University of Cambridge are members of the JANET network, and so you will be bound to their policies too.
- University Network Policy – Trinity College network usage is also subject to the University of Cambridge Policies
- Use and Misuse of Computing Facilities – Trinity College network usage is also subject to the University of Cambridge Policies
- JANET Acceptable Use Policy – Trinity College and the University of Cambridge network usage is also subject to the JANET Policies
- Further JANET Network and technology policies – Trinity College and the University of Cambridge network usage is also subject to the JANET Policies
Some elements of this access may require you to be physically in College and some will allow you to access resources remotely.
Connecting to the Network with Wireless or an Ethernet Cable
- Initial Wired and Wireless Network Setup Guide – Initial setup guides and information for connecting to the Trinity College Network.
- Hostel Internet Connections
- Network Connection issues
- Academic Guest WiFi connection request form
For a full list of locations where wireless network is available see Wireless Network Availability.
Terms and Policies of use of the Trinity College Network
- Network Terms and Conditions – Information about the terms you agree to be bound by when using the College Network (TCDN)
- Trinity Network Policy – Information about what you can, and can’t use the Trinity College Data Network (TCDN) for, including information about technology requirements and other policies you agree to.
- Network Monitoring Policy – Information about how we monitor the network for diagnostics, misuse and maintenance.