- This event has passed.
Trinity in Japan: Dominic Lieven on Ukraine & Dinner in Tokyo
September 22 at 10:00 to 12:00 BST
All Trinity members – Fellows, Past Fellows, students, alumni very welcome
On Thursday 22 September 2022 at 6:00pm, Professor Dominic Lieven, Historian and Honorary Fellow of Trinity, has very kindly agreed to join us for a keynote, discussion and dinner on “The Ukrainian crisis”:
- 6:00pm – 7:00 pm Dominic Lieven “The Ukraine crisis”
- 7pm-9pm discussion and dinner
Cost of this meeting will be YEN 10,000 including Kaiseki banquet-style dinner and unlimited drinks from a fixed list, nijikai is extra. We will meet in central Tokyo.
Registration and prepayment until Thursday 15 September 2022.
Given the Covid-19 situation we will follow all Government and restaurant rules on hygiene. If the situation changes and it becomes necessary to postpone I will notify those who have registered.
Professor Dominic Lieven, Trinity Honorary Fellow and Emeritus Fellow
Dominic Lieven is Honorary Fellow and Emeritus Fellow of Trinity
College Cambridge, Fellow of the British Academy, and Honorary
Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Dominic Lieven was Distinguished Professor in International History at the London School of Economics LSE, 1978-2011.
- London School of Economics, Former Distinguished Professor in International History (1978-2011)
- Professor Lieven, London School of Economics (LSE), Visiting Professor at LSE, Department of International History
- Professor Lieven, Chair of the Paulsen Programme (currently suspended) at the LSE
- And here, Dominic Lieven on “The European Crisis” in Nikkei