Entrepreneurial opportunities in Cambridge and beyond – with David Cleevely
Hosted by CAMentrepreneurs and Cambridge University Entrepreneurs
About this Event
Entrepreneurial opportunities in Cambridge and beyond – for new students, alumni and existing students considering entrepreneurship. The event will feature guest speakers, community announcements, pitches, and networking. You will need the ability to via join Zoom, so please install Zoom on the device you will be using. CAMentrepreneurs will send out a Zoom link on the morning of the event with the relevant password.
We are very pleased to have David Cleevely, one of Cambridge’s highest profile entrepreneurs and ecosystem leaders, as a special guest at this event.
Invited Entrepreneurs will share lessons from their experience in dealing with these unprecedented times answering questions from the hosts. Selected alumni and students will have short elevator pitches to present themselves and their ideas. If you want to pitch your business or project, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
– New and existing students, MBAs who are interested in entrepreneurship, finding investors, co-founders, jobs, internships, freelancing opportunities
– Alumni who are in business, want to invest in/start companies, make new connections, find clients, co-founders, team members.
Cambridge Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Snapshot
– Edward Elson Kosasi – Linkedin CIO of CUTEC,
– Francisco Gomez – Linkedin Cambridge University Engineers’ Association CUEA,
– David Shang – Cambridge University Entrepreneurs (CUE),
– Stewart McTavish – Linkedin Director ideaSpace,
– James Thomas – Linkedin Senior Investment Associate, Software at Cambridge Enterprise,
– CAMentrepreneurs – Richard Lucas, Founder
– Peter Cowley – Chair and President, European Business Angel Network
The purpose of CAMentrepreneurs is to support business and social entrepreneurship among Cambridge University alumni, current students and others. CAMentrepreneurs is global. Since its launch in 2016 we have had meetups in Dubai, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London New York, Sydney and Warsaw.
The group is officially recognised by Cambridge University Alumni Association.
About Cambridge University Entrepreneurs
Cambridge University Entrepreneurs (CUE) was founded in 1999. Two decades later, it has evolved to a key part of the University’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, promoting and nurturing entrepreneurship and innovation among students in Cambridge. It is a student-run society, and its main focus is to host the CUE Business Creation Competitions, awarding over £500k to more than 45 start-ups ranging from technology, software and web, to social enterprise, with the financial support from ARM, Horizon Discoveries, EPSRC, Redgate, Mills and Reeve, Cambridge Angels and Taylor Vinters. Collectively, these companies have contributed greatly to the local region, securing over £100 million in investment, and producing over 110 full-time jobs. As a part of the competition, CUE also provides free business training, mentoring, networking events, which are always spoken highly of by our competition entrants, friends, and the local entrepreneurial community.
Please note that this event is not organised by the Alumni Relations and Development Office.