The Pauline Epistles
The oldest book in the Library is an 8th century copy of the Epistles of St Paul in Latin. Written in England, probably by an Irish scribe, it was in the possession of Durham Cathedral by 1391. It was given to the College in 1615, with a large number of other manuscripts and printed books, by Thomas Nevile, Master of the College from 1593 to 1613, and Dean of Canterbury.
To read more about this manuscript see our blog.