About Trinity College
Trinity College, founded in 1546 by Henry VIII, is the largest College in the University of Cambridge, with some 700 undergraduates, 300 graduate students, over 180 Fellows and around 350 non-academic staff. The beauty and size of Trinity’s courts attract visitors from all over the world, but the College is also a thriving, modern community, which exists to give its members a rewarding, richly resourced, and intellectually inspiring place in which to pursue their education and research.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a proactive and self-motivated temporary part-qualified Assistant Accountant to assist us through a period of transition. You will be working in a small team of accounts staff in the Bursary which monitors and reports on the College’s finances, optimises the financial performance and safeguards the assets of the charity.
The main responsibilities will include to:
- Prepare the trial balance accounts reconciliations
- Analyse, prepare and post accounting journal relating to a number of accounts and funds
- Assist in the production of quarterly, half yearly and annual management accounts
- Prepare and post payroll journals
- Manage and reconcile banks accounts
- Assist with the development and implementation of an electronic payments project
- Undertake other duties as requested from time to time.
Candidates must be AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA and have relevant working experience. Strong analytical and excel skills are required including a working knowledge of pivot tables and lookup formula as well as experience of handling databases and downloading data. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and be able to work to strict deadlines. Experience of working within the higher education or charity sector would be preferable.
Salary is up to £26,000pa plus benefits.
Closing date for applications is 5.00 pm on 15 January 2021.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 25 January 2021.