An Assistant Accountant is required to work mainly with the Deputy College Accountant, College Accountant and the team to support the delivery of a professional and responsive Bursary service for the College.
The role will involve;
- Preparing and entering accounting transactions onto Sage 200 accounting system
- Managing and reconciling a bank account
- Using advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookup) to manage data
- Assisting in the production of management accounts and other reports
- Assisting with other accounts functions as required.
The successful applicant will be AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA and have relevant experience within an accounts environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, handling databases and downloading data are essential. Experience within higher education or charities would be an advantage. In addition, candidates should have a thorough and logical approach, strong interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure whilst managing their own workload.
Salary scale £30,279 – £32,752 per annum, plus additional benefits.
Further details of the role can be accessed here: job description and employment details
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 22 June 2018
Interviews are expected to be held on Wednesday 11 July 2018