£27,690 per annum plus generous additional benefits
Trinity College is seeking to appoint friendly and courteous Gate Porters to join the Porter’s Lodge team. Trinity is the largest of the 31 Cambridge Colleges and is home to over 1070 students, 190 Fellows and around 330 staff. Trinity has changed greatly over the centuries, but the strong academic tradition has been maintained and College life is lively and diverse. As well as ensuring the safety and security of the College, Porters are the “public” face of the College and so are required to treat everyone with respect, dignity and fairness whilst delivering first class customer service. The Porter’s Lodge is very much at the heart of the College and so these key front-line roles play an important part in ensuring that a welcoming, safe, and well-ordered environment is maintained and developed.
The post holder will assist in maintaining safety and security across the College. This includes staffing the College reception areas, dealing with a large variety of enquiries in a customer focused manner, patrolling the grounds (which involves climbing stairs, walking considerable distances, and standing for periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather) as well as assisting with fire and health and safety, first aid, dealing with emergencies and guiding visitors. Postholders must maintain courteous relationships with Fellows, students, staff, visitors, and the public at all times.
We are looking for a positive well-presented person who enjoys working in a diverse environment, being part of a team, is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and can interact professionally with people from all parts of society. Experience of safety and security and the ability to deliver exacting standards of customer service are essential. knowledge of fire safety and experience of security in a residential setting is desirable.
Training and development opportunities are available to all staff and include online learning packages on equality, diversity and health and safety.
Hours of work average 39 per week and are worked on a shift pattern which includes night and weekend working. A full uniform is provided.
Salary: £27,690 per annum plus additional benefits which include:
- Contributory workplace pension with generous employer contributions (up to 16%)
- Free meal when on duty
- Non contractual Christmas bonus
- Five weeks annual leave (plus public holidays) and long service holiday accrual
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private health and dental care (including the option for family cover) upon successful completion of probation
- Subsidised on-site gym
- Social activities throughout the year for staff and their families which include subsidised/free annual staff outing day, staff family Christmas party, family fun day plus more.
- Subsidised College punts
- Access to a staff wellbeing and employee assistance programme for staff and their families
- A range of family friendly procedures and policies including generous maternity benefits
- The opportunity to become actively involved in various aspects of college life and gain a wealth of experience which will support you in your future career
Trinity College supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society particularly those groups who are currently underrepresented. The College is committed to creating an environment where no person is treated less favourably where all can thrive and develop.
Closing date for completed applications 11 December 2022.
For further details and application form, please click on the links below.
Completed application forms should be returned to [email protected]