Trinity College is the largest Cambridge College, occupying an extensive area in the heart of Cambridge with a considerable proportion of the estate being listed and with conservation status. It is home to around 600 undergraduates, 300 graduates, and around 190 Fellows. The Works Department is a crucial central service department with a wide-ranging maintenance remit. Responsibilities include planned, cyclical and reactive works as well as conservation and compliance projects.
A vacancy has arisen in the Works Department for a qualified Painter and Decorator to assist with maintaining the decoration of the fixtures, fittings and appliances within College properties both internally and externally.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are:
- able to prove a strong track record as a fully competent painter and decorator
- have an NVQ in Painting and Decorating or have served a full apprenticeship
- reliable, able to work under instruction and carry out tasks to a high level of detail including preparation and finish
- able to work on their own initiative and have a strong commitment to the customer
- are trustworthy and reliable.
Candidates should be familiar with traditional and modern building methods and will ideally have experience of the care and maintenance of listed and historical buildings.
Salary: £24,722 per annum plus additional benefits, which include subsidised gym, free lunch and Private Health and Dental Care subject to eligibility.
Please note that if you are shortlisted and invited for interview you will be required to prove eligibility to work in the UK and will be asked to bring original documentation with you. Please see the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act (2006) for further details.
For further details click here.
Completed applications will be accepted until 15 July 2018 and should be returned to email@example.com.