skip to Main Content

Gift Aid

Trinity is a registered charity (number 1137604) and, as such, can reclaim tax on your donation if you make a Gift Aid declaration. Under this scheme, you must be a UK taxpayer and pay more Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all donations. It is your responsibility to pay any difference. Every £10 you donate is worth £12.50 to Trinity and the difference is reclaimed from HMRC at no extra cost to us. Higher rate taxpayers can claim additional relief on Gift Aid donations. Examples of donations are given below:

Single Donation

Regular Donation

You will find an online Gift Aid Declaration form on the website, and also a PDF version is included in our current Annual Fund gift form. You may also find it helpful to refer to the tax relief page of the HM Revenue & Customs website.

Charities Aid Foundation

If you wish, you can set up a Charities Aid Foundation Account through which you can set aside money regularly to benefit any charity that you wish in a tax-efficient, flexible and easy manner. The Charities Aid Foundation website provides full details.

Payroll Giving

Payroll giving allows employees or occupational pensioners to donate to any UK charity directly from their pay, before tax is deducted. This means that a charitable donation will cost you less.

All PAYE employees or pensioners are entitled to join a Payroll Giving Scheme if one is offered by an employer. Your employer’s payroll department will be able to advise further on this matter.

To start giving you must authorise your employer to deduct regular charitable donations from your pay. Your employer will send your donations to an HM Revenue & Customs approved Payroll Giving Agency, which will send the money to Trinity.

Gifts of shares, securities or real property

To give shares, securities or real property is a particularly tax-efficient way for UK taxpayers to support Trinity.  Such gifts attract a double saving; both full relief from Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax relief on the full value of the gift at the time it is made to the College.  If you would like further information, please contact the Annual Fund Officer.

Back To Top
College Crest

Contact us

        MyTrin | Student Hub

Access and Outreach Hub