Skip to content

We understand that students arrive from a range of backgrounds and experiences and whilst some may understand the Cambridge systems well and settle in quickly, others may need a little more help to establish themselves. In all cases, Trinity provides a wealth of support to ensure that all its postgraduate students can make the most of their time in Cambridge and enjoy College life to the full.


All postgraduate students at Trinity are assigned a Tutor who is responsible for their general welfare and is the first port of call for help and advice relating to the College. All students at Trinity belong to a ‘Tutorial Side’ which is identified by a letter of the alphabet. Postgraduates who are joining Trinity for the first time are assigned to Side F. Members of the College who stay on at Cambridge to undertake postgraduate study remain with their undergraduate Tutor and Tutorial Side. Tutorial Administrators provide Tutors and students with administrative support and are always ready to give advice on a range of matters. The College’s Adviser to Women Students is available to any female student who would like to discuss an issue (whether of a personal or academic-related nature) that she would prefer not to discuss with, or before speaking to, her own Tutor.

The Chaplains

Trinity also has two Chaplains who form an integral part of the tutorial team at Trinity. As well as leading daily worship and running many groups and activities, they can also advise on Christian and other faith groups in College and elsewhere in Cambridge.

Other Support

The University has excellent support mechanisms in place for those who may need to seek help or advice from specialist teams. These include the University’s Disability Resource Centre and Counselling Service. In addition, every student is expected to register with a local GP (doctor). In addition to these central services, Trinity College has its own Nurse and College Counsellor who are available to students during term time. For further details about these services, visit the Student Welfare pages.

Back To Top
College Crest

Contact us

        MyTrin | Student Hub

Access and Outreach Hub