Trinity was founded by Henry VIII in 1546, when he combined two existing colleges (King’s Hall and Michaelhouse) and seven hostels (Catherine’s, Garratt, Gregory’s, Ovyng’s, Physwick, St Margaret’s, and Tyler’s). Since then Trinity has flourished and grown, and is now a home to around 730 undergraduates, 350 postgraduates, and over 180 Fellows.
History and Tradition
Trinity College was founded by Henry VIII in 1546, combining Michaelhouse and King’s Hall.
Trinity College has a collection of some 240 pictures in oil, mainly portraits. The collection is the product of gifts from Masters, Fellows and Alumni of the College, and of commissions and purchases by the College itself, dating from its foundation in 1546 to the present day.
Information on College Policies, Statutes, Data Protection and the Joint Lectureship scheme.