Making a donation to Trinity College
Every gift matters, whatever the value, and is greatly appreciated by all in the College. If you would like to know more about the projects Trinity is currently raising money for, please visit Priorities for Support.
To make a single donation
If you would like to give by bank transfer, please use the following details:
- Account name – Trinity College
- Sort code – 20-17-68
- Account number – 23871185
- SWIFTBIC BARCGB22
- IBAN – GB90 BARC 2017 6823 8711 85
So that we can easily identify your donation, please put your surname and initials in the reference and email us to inform us that you have made the transfer.
Please complete and send it to the address listed on the bottom of the form. Please make cheques payable to Trinity College.
How to make a tax-efficient donation
Please view the links below to find out how you can make your gift to Trinity tax efficient:
Many companies operate gift-matching schemes to support their employees’ philanthropy. In some cases, the level of matching provided by a company may be more than 100% of your original gift.
For further information, please contact your Human Resources Department. Should your company operate such a scheme, you will need to complete a matching gift form to confirm the details of your gift to the College. This form will be sent to Trinity by your employer for us to confirm that we have received your donation. The matched gift will then be sent to us.
Gifts of Shares, Securities or Real Property
Gifts of Shares or Real Property
To give shares or real property (land and other assets that are permanently attached to the land, such as a house) is a particularly tax-efficient way to support Trinity.
- You won’t have to pay any capital gains tax on the shares you donate and you can claim income tax relief too.
- If you are a higher rate (40%) taxpayer you will be able to claim income tax relief equal to 40% of the value of the gift.
- If you are a highest rate (45%) taxpayer you will be able to claim income tax relief equal to 45% of the value of the gift.
To qualify for tax relief, the shares or securities must be:
- listed or dealt on a recognised UK or foreign stock exchange
- units in authorised unit trusts
- shares in a UK open-ended investment company
- holdings in certain foreign collective investment scheme
Gifts of real property also benefit from similar relief.
For further information please contact the Annual Fund Officer.
If you are interested in leaving a legacy to the College in your will please click here.