skip to Main Content

Congregation Dates for the Remainder of 2022/Early 2023

Congregations have now resumed as in person ceremonies, and guests are once again permitted to attend the ceremony at Senate House, but please note there will be a maximum of two guests per graduand.

The most up-to-date information regarding the dates and format of graduation ceremonies at Senate House can be found on the University’s website, but please be aware that not all dates advertised are available to Trinity College graduands:

Trinity College students or Alumni who are eligible to receive or celebrate degrees may do so on the following dates:

Michaelmas Term 2022

  • Friday 21 October, 10 am – in person or in absence – all degrees available. Registration for this congregation will close on 5 October 2022
  • Saturday 26 November, 10 am – in person or in absence – all degrees available. Registration for this congregation will close on 9 November 2022

Lent Term 2023

  • Saturday 28 January, 10 am – in person or in absence – all degrees available
  • Saturday 25 February, 10 am – in person or in absence – all degrees available

General Admission 2023

  • Wednesday 28 June, 10am – in person or in absence – first/undergraduate degrees only

Registration for congregations in Lent Term will not open until around 8 weeks before the date of each congregation.

Celebrating a Degree Previously Conferred in Absence

If, as a result of the suspension of in person Congregations and/or the exclusion of guests from Senate House you have had a degree conferred in absence between March 2020 and March 2022, there is now an opportunity for you to have that degree formally acknowledged and celebrated in person at the Senate House.

You will attend a Congregation in the same way that you would have attended one to have your degree conferred and will celebrate your degree with exactly the same level of formality as if it were being conferred on you for the first time. The only tangible difference is that you will not have your degree certificate presented to you at Senate House. You may already have received your degree certificate, or it may be presented to you at the celebration event at College on the day.

Please contact the Praelector’s Assistant via email on [email protected] for more information about attending a Congregation to celebrate your degree.

From 29th April 2022 full in-person ceremonies with guests at Senate House are resuming, so from this date forward it will not be possible for anyone choosing to have a degree conferred in absence to subsequently have that degree celebrated in person.

Conferral of the Cambridge MA Degree

Any student who graduated with a BA is entitled to take the Master of Arts Degree, six years and one term after they matriculated, provided that at least two years have passed since their BA Degree was awarded. The MA can be taken in person or in absence on one of the Congregation dates listed. Anyone taking a higher degree should check with the Praelector’s Assistant ([email protected]) for the precise arrangements that apply to their specific circumstances.

Please ensure that you keep in touch and keep your contact details up-to-date with us so that it is easy for us to get in touch at the appropriate time.

Celebrations in College

Anyone attending a University Congregation in order to have a degree conferred or formally celebrated in person may invite a maximum of two guests to a lunch in College on the day of graduation.

In addition, if you are going to be in Cambridge on the evening before degree day, the College would be delighted if you would dine in College as the guest of the Praelector.

Back To Top
College Crest

Contact us

        MyTrin | Student Hub

Access and Outreach Hub