- Usage: Use of the Reading Room and Lower Library is restricted to members of Trinity College only. Non-members who wish to consult items in Trinity’s collections should make an appointment. Members may show guests the Wren Library during the Wren’s opening hours. Access to the bays in the Wren is restricted to Fellows and members of library staff only.
- Care of books: Please do not mark, damage or dog-ear library books. If you are found to have marked or damaged a book you will be asked to pay for a replacement. If you lose a book, please inform the library as soon as possible so that we can stop overdue fines from accumulating and buy a replacement copy.
- Food and drink: Smoking and eating are not permitted in the Library. Drinks are not permitted in the Library with the exception of water in sealable containers.
- Personal devices: Devices such as mobile phones and computers should be switched to silent mode while in the Library. Laptop computers may be used anywhere in the Library but should be muted to prevent distraction to other library users.
- Bags and valuables: Bags can be taken into the Library. Extra see-through bags are available from the Enquiry Desk. Do not leave valuables unattended anywhere in the Library.
- Lost Property: Valuables left by readers are taken to the Great Gate Porters’ Lodge. Other personal property is kept at the Enquiry Desk for one month and then disposed of.
- CCTV: The Library is under CCTV surveillance. Images are monitored for the purpose of crime prevention under a scheme operated by Trinity College, Cambridge. For further information contact (01223) 338400.
- Plagiarism: Cambridge University’s guidance on good academic practice and plagiarism.