Information for current applicants applying for entry in 2023 or deferred entry in 2024
After submitting your UCAS application
All applicants must read the documents in this section very carefully and submit any documents that have been requested. The Pre-Interview and Interview Notes for Applicants contain important information about any written work you may have to submit by Thursday 3 November 2022, and, if you are selected for interview by Trinity in December, details of the interview arrangements and assessments for all subjects. Please read this carefully and take whatever action is required. It is important that you keep a copy of any written work you submit.
Most interviews will be held by Trinity during the period from Monday 5 December 2022 to Wednesday 14 December 2022. We select a large proportion of our applicants for interview and shall try to give at least two weeks’ notice of the details. Interviews will be with one or more of the teaching staff in the subject you intend to study in the first year. Please note that the initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know whether or not you have been selected for interview and, if applicable, to give you your interview timetable. Information on the interview process in 2022 can be found here.
My Cambridge Application
In order to make a valid application to the University of Cambridge, you must also complete My Cambridge Application by the deadline set. Once your UCAS application has been received by the University a message will be sent to the email address specified in that application. In this email you will be given your personalised link to My Cambridge Application. In the majority of cases the deadline to complete it will be 6.00 pm UK time on 22 October 2022. We will not be able to process your application until we have received your submission. It is not necessary for you to advise us once you have submitted My Cambridge Application – we will receive it automatically. Please note that we do not acknowledge receipt of My Cambridge Application. If you are unable to complete My Cambridge Application online (i.e. because you do not have a valid email address or as a result of a disability), please contact the Cambridge Admissions Office as soon as possible (01223 333308/email: [email protected]). We will be contacting you by email at various stages throughout the application process so it is essential that our emails are not rejected by your email provider. For set-up instructions, please see FAQ – Receiving emails from the University of Cambridge.
What must I do now?
- Read the Pre-interview and Interview Notes very carefully and make note of anything you are required to do.
- Applicants for Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences should have already registered for an admissions assessment (deadline 30 September). The assessment will be taken on 18 or 19 October.
- Applicants for Law should already be registered for the LNAT and must sit this by 15 October.
- Complete My Cambridge Application by 6.00 pm UK time on 22 October 2022.
- Complete the Additional Information Questionnaire and submit it by 31 October 2022 at the very latest. The link for this will be emailed to all applicants shortly after the closing date for applications.
- If applicable for your subject, upload any written work that is required by 3 November 2022. Please remember to complete a Cover Sheet for each piece of work submitted.
- If you have registered a disability/specific learning difficulty/long-term illness on your UCAS application and/or you normally receive adjustments for school exams, please send the Disability/Specific Learning Difficulties/long-term illness form to the Admissions Administrator by 3 November 2022.
- If you have been asked by the Admissions Office to complete a Fees Status Assessment Questionnaire, you should return this by 3 November 2022.
- If you are unable to provide a digital photograph as part of My Cambridge Application, you should contact the Cambridge Admissions Office as soon as possible.
- You may be required to submit a transcript as part of your application to the College. Please check here for further details.
- If you have experienced particular personal or educational disadvantage, you may like to consider submitting an Extenuating Circumstances Form. Further information about this can be found on the University website. If this is relevant, please arrange for your form to be submitted as soon as possible.
- If you are applying to read Medical Sciences, please note that we do not select applicants for interview in Trinity until we receive the BMAT results. Results will be released by the exam board on Friday 25 November 2022.
We will not be able to process your application until we have received all the documents required to complete your application.
Applicants who have taken non-UK school qualifications may need to submit a High School Transcript. For further details if this applies to you, and for information on how to submit it, please see this page.
By transcript we mean a record of your academic achievement to-date in your secondary school/college examinations, usually for the last/most recent two years of schooling. However, if you’re taking the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and took the Middle Years Programme (MYP), you should submit a transcript for the MYP. We would like to be provided with your teachers’ assessment of your academic performance to-date. We strongly prefer to have the fullest possible information available to us in order to conduct a fair and holistic assessment. Please do NOT include references, detailed project work or any non-academic achievements.
Decisions will be sent to all applicants on Wednesday 25 January 2023 (University-wide communication date). We are unable to give decisions over the telephone or discuss the outcome with parents. UCAS Track will update as soon as the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS. The Undergraduate Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes.
Candidates who are placed in the Pool may be asked to undertake another interview in January. You should let us know as soon as possible if you will not be available for interview in January.
If you have any queries, on any matter at all, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Administrator, Ms Stacey Smith.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 338422
Fax: +44 (0)1223 338584
Email: [email protected]
When contacting us, please include the following information:
- Your full name as you entered it on your UCAS application (please do not use alternative names)
- The subject you have applied to study
- Your UCAS Personal ID number
Dr Glen Rangwala
Director of Admissions
How we use your personal information
Please visit https://www.information-compliance.admin.cam.ac.uk/data-protection/applicant-data for information on how we use the personal information provided by applicants. The College’s Data Protection Policy is available at https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/website/dpn/.